No in-app purchases
No subscription or sign up required
No internet or wifi connectivity required: works completely offline
Play with history’s greatest minds!
This app brings back to life the most iconic figure in the history of science: Albert Einstein!
Through a collection of exciting mini-games, interactive stories and various other activities, kids will learn how to tell the time (a ks1 National Curriculum learning area) and experience the passage of time to understand the nature of time itself and how it’s affected by speed and gravity.
In this revolutionary educational experience, children have the opportunity to be taught by the creator of the theory of relativity himself! Presented as an interactive 3D character, a fun, dancing, quirky Einstein will be their very own personal tutor; guiding them through the various games, helping them when players struggle and telling jokes. Children can even ask him questions about his life and his scientific achievements!
– Four games in one: Four different stages that focus on different ks1 learning areas.
– A realistic live-show experience: High-quality 3d graphics and a dynamic speech system complements the luxurious voice performance by Stephen Fry.
– Master reading the clock: Covering a Key-Stage National Curriculum area, the first stage is broken into 17 different levels where players will learn to tell the time in different configurations: O’Clock, quarter and half, past and to, AM and PM, 24-hour format, and even clocks with Roman numerals!
– Scaffolding teaching techniques used throughout. Children are sure to succeed as Einstein steps in with on-screen visual and verbal help when they struggle.
– Regular jokes and trivia at different times of the day.
– Travel through time by moving the clock hands backwards or forwards and witness the effects of time on the succession of day and night.
– ‘Hear’ the effect of time passing: With our time machine, players can speed time up or down and listen to how it affects sound waves.
– Learn about different types of clocks.
– Learn about rhythms and pendulums: get the timing right or risk throwing poor Albert off the pendulum!
– Get familiar with Einstein’s fascinating life story, his hobbies, discoveries and what inspired him to create the theory of relativity that revolutionized modern physics.
– Become a relativity expert.
– Learn all about the famous twin paradox with an unprecedented simplified and gamified approach.
– Control a broken lift and discover the relationship between gravity and time!
– Become an astronaut and control a space rocket while exploring the relationship between speed and time!
– Break the laws of physics and turn a rocket ship into a black hole!
– Audience Q&A: With loads of different questions thrown at Einstein, budding scientists will learn about the philosophy and science of time and finally understand why Einstein’s hair is so messy and why he never wore socks!
And much more!
All facts and figures have been rigorously checked and researched by subject matter experts to ensure scientific, historical and biographical accuracy.
About Human Heroes:
‘Einstein on Time’ is the first in a children’s educational app series – “Human Heroes” – Created by edtech startup, KalamTech and centered on history’s greatest minds. From the philosophers of ancient Greece to the giants of science, renowned artists, composers, mathematicians, authors, and architects – these inspirational characters are brought back to life in a futuristic theatrical setting to perform a captivating live-show experience covering their life and their famous works.
Forthcoming apps will explore the legacies of Leonardo da Vinci, Isaac Newton, Mozart, Ada Lovelace, Aristotle, Jane Austen and many more.
Thanks to all the feedback from our young scientists in-the-making, this updated version introduces a host of new features, general polish, and bug fixes for the ultimate educational experience.