Suntime connects you to the cycles of the Sun, Moon, and planets. Navigate through time and identify celestial patterns with a swipe. Get accurate, location-specific information about solar and lunar events at-a-glance.
“Awesome” — “Visually understand the cycles in our planetary system” — “Feel connected to the universe”
– Zoom the timeline in or out to see astronomical movements at different scales
– Jot down notes and reminders directly on the timeline
– Watch the Sun, Moon, and planets rise and set
– Customize alerts for 25 solar and lunar events, including:
> Sunrise, solar noon, sunset, solar midnight
> Moonrise, lunar noon, moonset
> Moon phases: full moon, new moon, first quarter, and last quarter
> Twilights: civil, nautical, and astronomical dusk and dawn
> Morning and evening golden hour
> Solar and lunar eclipses
> Seasonal events: March equinox, June solstice, September equinox, and December solstice
“Beautiful and an absolute delight to use” — “Easy to follow interface and alarms” — “Pretty damn cool”
Suntime works in landscape and portrait mode on iPad. Use your current location, or select one manually. The app is lightweight and works offline: all astronomical calculations are done on your device. It uses Background App Refresh to schedule alarms.
“Wonderful visualization of Solar + Lunar cycles in a very intuitive format. Animations are superb”
There’s more to explore inside: including a glossary and tooltips with contextual information like the position, angle, illumination, and magnitude of the Moon, the visibility of eclipses, and the length of twilight.
We are ad-free and user-supported: Suntime doesn’t track you or profit from your information. Thanks to all our users who have given us feedback and continue to help make this app better!
-Andrew & Heather
We’ve added 2 iOS 14 widgets, and updated the notes interface
– Added a small widget for upcoming events
– Added a large planisphere widget
– Redesigned notes interface, added a date picker
– Bugfixes, added time of greatest eclipse to tooltips