For musicians from pros to beginners, whether you sing, play a brass, woodwind or stringed instrument or any type of guitar, this app provides a set of feature-rich practice tools that gives fun and rewarding feedback. It’s much more than just a tuner!
So what makes the TonalEnergy the best selling music practice app?
• It’s an all-in-one app, with a state-of-the-art tuner, an advanced metronome, dedicated orchestral strings and guitar tuning page, a piano keyboard, sound analysis pages, and audio/visual recording capabilities.
• It’s easy to use. Options like the Target Tuner or Pitch Tracker are on all the main pages. TonalEnergy helps users create rewarding and attainable goals during a rehearsal or when working alone. Colorful analysis data pages and audio/video recording features enhance the experience of practice.
• The metronome is cutting edge. It offers unmatched flexibility in sound choices, tempo settings, meters, subdivision patterns and visual displays. Voice count-ins, the ability to create and edit preset groups and Ableton link for syncing multiple devices make this a superior tool for performers.
• Ear training possibilities are endless. The high quality multi-sampled instrument sounds for symphonic instruments are unique among all other tuning applications. Listening skills can be developed through the use of the eight-octave keyboard, chromatic wheel and tone generator. There are no other sounds like these.
• Learning is a social activity. Using features unique to the TonalEnergy Tuner, data can be collected, reviewed, edited and shared with others. Feedback is essential for growing and developing great performers. It’s all about connectivity.
Chris Coletti, member of The Canadian Brass, sums up TonalEnergy by saying,
“TonalEnergy is a must-have for any serious musician. It’s a full suite of tools in one app; the tuner, tone generator, recorder, metronome and beautiful interface make it one of the best tools for musicians out there, period.”
• Recognizes a large pitch range, extending to lower registers than many competing tuners (C0 – C8) that is highly responsive to wind instruments, as well as acoustic and electric string instruments
• Adjustable A=440 Hz reference
• Automatic or manual transposing options
• Instantly changes between equal, just and other custom temperaments, including user-defined ones
• Auto or instant pitch reference note feature using the TonalEnergy sounds
• Extensive tuning list for all orchestral string and fretted string instruments including many more features than most other string-only tuner apps
• An expandable eight octave piano keyboard enhancing many of the key aspects of the tuner’s functions
• Chromatic wheel tone generator, with optional auto-vibrato feature
• Frequency and Harmonic energy overtone graphs, along with a multi-function waveform
• Dedicated metronome page that matches or exceeds the features available on all other stand alone metronome apps
• Notation options including standard English, Solfege, Northern European, and Indian variants
• Bluetooth output/input support
• Audio and Video recording capabilities including, editing, looping, timestretch that are all exportable via iTunes sharing, AirDrop, email, AudioCopy, SoundCloud, etc
• Import music from iTunes Library or email attachments
• Compatible with external microphones and clip-on vibration sensor devices
• Supports external video output to an external display for use in rehearsal halls
• External MIDI keyboard control support
• Apple Watch app acts as remote control for the phone app
• Audiobus and inter-app audio support
• VoiceOver support for the blind or visually impaired
• Piccolo, Flute
• Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon
• Full Clarinet Family
• Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Baritone Saxophone
• French Horn
• Tenor and Bass Trombone
• Euphonium and Tuba
• Square, sawtooth, and sine waveforms
• Bowed and Plucked Strings
There are MANY new features in this release, in all areas of the application! See below for more details:
== Target Tuner Page ==
* Added a Player Volume Meter graphic
* Added a Tone Meter that graphically shows changes in tone color
* Added an IntervalTrainer tuner
* Added quicker access to the String Tuner page, now on the Tuner tab
* Added additional configuration button (gear) for quick access to customizing of the Target Tuner
* Improved responsiveness of the Auto-Tone Tracker
* Added a Note Start tuning indicator choice on the Target Tuner
* Added Harmonic/Pure Just temperament to provide additional tools for vocal and professional level wind and string players
* Added an “A” frequency lock when using alternate temperaments
* Added octave choice in the Transposition pop-up
= String Tuner Page =
* Improved graphic display of the Horizontal Tuner
== Activity Page ==
* Added an assortment of practice data tracking tools including: current and past app usage information, tuning statistics, goal setting and specific TE features used while practicing.
== Sound Page ==
* Added a new Sound page choice – Pitch Grid
* Added solo orchestral string instrument sounds
* Expanded wind instrument ranges
* Added vibrato control pop-up to Chromatic Wheel page for fast access
== Auto-Exercise Creator ==
* Added TE sound-based interval, scale, arpeggiated chord exercises that the user can personalize by adjusting the prescribed parameters for each exercise.
== Analysis Page ==
* Added an IntervalTrainer tuner
* Added a new Waveform/Pitch orientation called Racetrack – users can now see their sound traveling away from them
* Added intonation Pitch Line choices on the Waveform screen
== Metronome ==
* Added additional Preset Editor choices for customization including: the ability to add note/chord/drones to all Presets, choice of creating beat versus measure Presets and/or creating timed events
* Added additional count-in choices
* Added Metronome Assistant allowing the user to create met beat and bar silencing randomization
* Added nine new sound combinations
== Sound Level Mixer ==
* Added a slide-out sidebar available on all pages to control the balance of the TE instrument sound vs the Met sound.
* Added a feature that allows the user to hear both TE sounds and the user’s own microphone input sound (input monitoring) in earbuds/headphones.
* Added controls for the tone generator instrument and met sound choices to be quickly changed.
== Recording suite sidebar ==
* Improved auto labeling of saved files
* Added Tempo and Pitch/Interval Adjust for all saved files
== Reverb/effects ==
* Added new reverb choices
== Apple Watch ==
* Fixed watchOS compatibility bug to work in conjunction with the user’s iPhone.