Capture Time-lapse, 4k Video, Still Photos and Stop Motion. Lightspeed gives you complete control over the shutter speed and capture frame rate, enabling you to make the most creative in-camera videos and photo’s imaginable.
Designed and written by an Academy Award winning visual effects artist, Lightspeed is her take on making the perfect creative camera app. A clean, user friendly interface with advanced manual controls for discerning creative individuals.
● Continuously variable capture frame rate while recording.
● Pause recording, or ramp between time-lapse capture to real time motion to stop motion in the same recording.
● Photos and Movies are saved directly to your camera roll.
● Watch each frame develop in real time.
● Superior low light shooting performance.
● Switch between Front and Back-facing cameras while recording.
● Control of the amount of motion blur in your time lapse by adjusting the shutter angle to create light trails and silky smooth motion.
● Use super long exposures to virtually erase fast moving objects while still capturing the motion of shadows and other slower moving objects.
● Continuously adjust shooting parameters while recording to create fun effects and happy accidents.
● Film from a moving vehicle and capture a hyper-lapse of your travels.
● Film personal projects and watch them unfold at warp speed.
● Use Lightspeed on a second device for hands free control of the app wirelessly.
● Use the built-in time-lapse calculator to determine how long it will take to film an event, and the duration of the final movie.
● Set Auto Start and Stop timers to capture events automatically.
● Lightspeed is capable of continuously filming for days at a time when connected to an external power source.
Lightspeed works by accumulating light in a manner similar to a motion picture film camera, where the shutter angle is adjusted to control how long each frame is exposed for in proportion to the capture frame rate. A 180° shutter is the typical setting used for motion pictures, and will give a natural cinematic look to your time-lapse movies no matter how fast or slow you choose to capture frames. Dial the shutter down to 1° degree to minimize motion blur for a traditional staccato feel, or ramp it all the way up to 360° degrees to create light trails and motion blur and give your videos a smooth, fluid look to them.
Introducing Lightspeed Camera 2.0!
Refined Manual Camera Interface
Superior Low Light and Long Exposure Performance
Zoom between Ultra Wide and Telephoto Cameras on Supported Devices
4k Recording on Supported Devices
Record Audio in sync with the capture frame rate